Manufacturing PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE
Gordon’s Window Décor is a Vermont-based fabricator of custom window coverings. We are looking for the right candidates to join our Roller Shade Production Team!
If you have an awesome attitude, consider yourself detail oriented and love doing a lot of different tasks this may be the perfect position for you! Previous experience with window coverings is not necessary- we will train the right candidate.
- Cut metal rail and tube.
- Assemble roller shades.
- Clean the shop- vacuum, take out recycling/trash etc.
- Help to unload trucks.
- Assist with production team needs
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Qualification
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or demonstrated experience in a manufacturing, production, construction, or carpentry environment.
- Valid VT state driver’s license required.
- Consistent, on-time attendance is required.
- Decent math skills (understanding fractions etc).
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Pride in accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable with tools such as: saws, drill press, router, drills, drivers, etc.
- Previous pallet jack experience a plus.
- Able to lift 50 lbs
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
Send resume to: [email protected]
Retail Showroom Assistant
Gordon’s Window Décor is looking for an organized, energetic, people person to join the Gordon’s Window Decor team as our Showroom Assistant. The Showroom Assistant helps the Showroom Coordinator with clients who call, email or walk into the showroom whether they need a shop-at-home appointment or have a repair, a product inquiry or anything in between! The Showroom Assistant works with the team to make sure every client who works with GWD becomes and stays a Raving Fan.
GWD is driven to make every client a Raving Fan by delivering incomparable product quality with before and after sale service and support. Experience is preferred but not required; we will train the right person.
- Manage the showroom in a way that maximizes client satisfaction- including keeping the showroom clean, ensuring all sample products are in working order, designing product displays etc.
- Assist in covering the showroom by answering the phones and working with Walk-In Clients.
- Schedule in-home appointments, which includes generating genuine excitement about the appointment and follow up with the Client and Sales Team.
- Assist in processing in house and vendor repairs.
- Coordinate special events like home shows.
- Manage sampling.
- Coordinate internal events like lunches etc.
- Assist Retail Sales Assistant and Showroom Manager as needed.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- Excellent with people
- Extremely well organized, disciplined and detail oriented
- Excellent computer skills- must be very familiar with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Self- motivated individual with strong people skills and the ability to work independently.
Job Type: Full-time