Posted to Design
On the Road with Barb
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
At Gordon’s we believe you never stop learning. When we learn from each other, we are a stronger team.
Our Designers and Installers schedule one day a month to explore the other’s world. The change in perspective is invaluable, different challenges arise, knowledge gained and “Huh I didn’t think of it that way.” is often uttered.
“So today Ryan and I rode together and he got to experience a bit of ‘the life of a Designer’. We probably had close to 4 solid hours together in the car – arrived back in Williston, and amazingly neither complained of a headache wearing a mask through it!
- 45 minutes of unpaved roads (gotta love Subaru)
- A loveable mini Golden Doodle that hugged our legs for a solid couple of minutes
- We learned Guinea Fowls eat ticks – a client has a 1 year old that got a tick….the purchase of 10’ish was a no brainer.
- The leaves are turning in Orleans County
- We saw Hunger Mountain from one client’s home, and an entire range of peaks including Burke Mtn. from the last client’s home and Jay Peak as we headed back!
- Ryan is newer to the area – he now has a bunch of recommended restaurants to try along with “Poorhouse Pies” of Underhill!
- When discussing Motorized Shades as an option with clients – If we are also discussing changing out traditional crank handles for “Butterfly “ handles – the limits might have to be reset!
- Ryan loves to hike
- Ryan can last all day without a pit stop
- But most importantly…Ryan got engaged 3 weeks ago !!!