Posted to Design
On The Road with Barb Episode 2.
Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” ― Jack Kerouac
Our Designers and Installers schedule one day a month to explore the other’s world. The change in perspective is invaluable, different challenges arise, knowledge gained and “Huh I didn’t think of it that way.” is often uttered.
“Greg survived a long day in the car with me – this day’s appointments took us to Isle La Motte and then up to Lake Carmi... a new lake to both of us! (And – YES, we did make the sale that will provide some lovely Roller Shades to look out to that gorgeous lake, but keep the camp a lot cooler in the morning sun!😎).
Highlights of the day ~
- Greg is quite the skier…. but – I Iearned his favorite mountain he experienced was in Switzerland.
- Greg loves cheese – a fav cheese is also from Europe – Raclette cheese
- Greg is currently working to eat gluten only 1x week, so we had a couple of conversations about rice and quinoa! Gotta balance that cheese.😉
- working for a copier machine company is not something either of us want to EVER do, in the future
- my laser measure does seem to be ok – we came back to the shop and tested both of ours to see how they perform…. even after a solid test …my laser is accurate.
- I was able to add a tiny bit to the, still acceptable, vocabulary of skiers – “yard sale!”
- Greg also likes to hike – he taught me what “saddles and benches” are – lately I have been enjoying the show “Yellowstone” when I work out on the elliptical – for a brief moment, I thought he was referring to “lost saddles” from years gone by when he mentioned he was looking for them. Greg’s goal – come hunting season, he will go to those he found hoping for deer!
- re: door solutions…Designer notes are very helpful especially when understanding where to mount between the top of the detail around glass and the top of the door.
- Greg is the older brother of Colton… Colton created the Social Media term “Jerry of the Day!” My kids will be so confused that I actually might be “in the know” about this!!!
Schedule your in-home or virtual appointment with Barb TODAY!